Sunday, March 1, 2009

Wanna Dance.......All Night???





It is so much fun having two teenagers. They both got dressed up for the stake dance a couple of weeks ago and looked great. I didn't have time to take a picture, so I made them get dressed up again the next day after church and tried to take a picture. What a challenge to get them to obey me and take a nice photo. (click on photos to enlarge for facial expressions)





They love to sleep in as long as they can and then stay up all night!! Literally. On New's Year Eve, after they got home from a stake dance at 12:30am, they said they had always wanted to see if they could stay up all night and asked for permission. I thought they were crazy, but closed my door and went to bed. The next morning, at 7:15am, I checked on them and they announced that they had indeed made it and had 5 minutes to go, because according to the internet sunrise was at 7:20am. They had movies, popcorn, soda, and anything else they could think of. I'm still not sure of the point other then they did it "because we can". At 7:20am, they stumbled into their beds and were out!!

2 comments:

Haley L said...

Tell them they can stay up all night for me anytime so they can keep me awake at work! ;) Great pics. Makes getting closer to those teenage years look not so scary.

Felt Family said...

So fun! Your kids look great!! I think if I tried to stay up all night now, my body would go into full system failure! What is that line about, "youth is wasted on the young"?? Tell them to enjoy...